A group of genetic, infectious, or sporadic degenerative human and animal nervous system disorders associated with abnormal prions. In humans, these conditions generally feature dementia, ataxia, and a fatal outcome. Diseases in this category include Creutzfeldt-Jakob Syndrome; scrapie; bovine spongiform encephalopathy; chronic wasting disease of mule deer and elk; and transmissible mink encephalopathy. Pathologic features include a spongiform encephalopathy without evidence of inflammation.
- TSE (transmissible spongiform encephalopathies)
- spongiform encephalopathies
- transmissible spongiform encephalopathies
- subacute transmissible spongiform encephalopathies
- subacute spongiform encephalopathy
Download this Concept:
RDF/XMLCreated 2006-01-19, last modified 2016-02-25