Any of various enzymatically catalyzed post-translational modifications of peptides or proteins in the cell of origin. These modifications include carboxylation; hydroxylation; acetylation; phosphorylation; methylation; glycosylation; ubiquitination; oxidation; proteolysis; and crosslinking and result in changes in molecular weight and electrophoretic motility.
- post-translational protein processing
- posttranslational modification
- posttranslational protein processing
- post-translational protein modification
- post-translational amino acid modification
Download this Concept:
RDF/XMLCreated 2006-01-19, last modified 2018-05-09